Sharing a few of my favourite baby meals! These are my favourite meals to take a family with a new baby and one thing I all the time look ahead to doing for pals and family. I’d love to hear your faves, too, in the event you’d shout them out within the feedback beneath.
Hi pals! How’s the week treating you? I hope it’s off to a nice start and hope you’re having a great week. P had her first soccer sport – the cutest ever! – the girls had horse classes, and I made a meal for a family who simply had a baby. I looooove making baby meals as a result of I keep in mind how a lot they saved the day when Liv was born. (In our army squadrons, we all the time have a Meal Train going for households who’ve a new baby at residence!) When P was born, we didn’t have a actual squadron in San Diego – the Pilot was doing extra liaison kind work – and I positively missed them haha. Thankfully Postmates was a factor, however there’s one thing actually nurturing about having fun with meals that had been lovingly made for you.
For at the moment’s submit, I believed I’d share some off my go-to baby meals to make for others! I’ll normally simply double the recipe and that serves for our dinner, too. Spoiler: a lot of them are Ina Garten recipes. <— the queen
It’s simple to get into ruts, so I’d love to hear about your faves within the feedback part.
My favourite baby meals:
Cheesy enchiladas with rice and beans, chips, salsa and guacamole
Ina Garten’s chicken parmesan with arugula salad and mashed potatoes
Lemon-roasted skillet chicken with mashed candy potatoes (I simply use salt, pepper, almond milk, and butter and whip them with the stand mixer) and a chopped salad (dressing in a mason jar)
Coconut shrimp curry with basmati rice (or cauliflower rice for Paleo pals) *recipe coming in Friday Faves!
This autumn soup with recent sourdough and a salad (romaine, roasted pink pepper, kalamata olives, feta, cucumber, pink onion)
Lasagna or eggplant parm with roasted veggies
Takeout! Even in the event you’re not a cook dinner, you possibly can completely shock a family with a takeout meal.
Tips for making meals for new mothers:
– Use foil containers both sealed with aluminum foil (for decent food) or press and seal (disposable). This manner you don’t have to top off on costly plastic containers they usually can get rid of them once they’re end. In the storage, I’ve a stash of spherical, sq., and rectangular foil pans only for baby meal functions.
– Choose meals that may be simply reheated later. Casseroles are an apparent alternative, however I additionally like to do soups, hen dishes, and curries. This is why I have a tendency to steer clear of fish until I do know they’re going to eat the meal that night time.
– Always embrace alcohol (until they don’t partake, in fact). I all the time embrace margarita combine and tequila, beers, or a bottle of wine.
– Include issues which might be pre-chopped that they’ll snack on later. Some concepts: recent inexperienced salads with a number of veggies or chopped fruit (that is AMAZING if you’re ravenous and don’t have time to prep something).
– If you possibly can, embrace some snacks! Bars, protein balls, almond butter packs, path combine, selfmade lactation cookies, dried fruit, Mother’s Milk tea, jerky, something they’ll nosh on in between fixed feedings and diapers modifications
– Dessert! I all the time like to embrace a candy deal with with a baby meal. My present go-to are these cookie brownie Oreo situations (I take advantage of the boxed blondie combine and brownie combine from Trader Joe’s). I additionally like to make brownies with peanut butter frosting, or chocolate chip cookies. Another concept: seize ice cream on the way in which. One of our pals introduced prickly pear sorbet alongside with a meal when Liv was born and it.was.magical.
How to help new mothers who don’t dwell close to you:
– Postmates a meal to them! I’ll usually Postmates a sushi dinner to new dad and mom who don’t dwell closeby.
– Surprise them with a reward card for a pedicure or cleansing service
– Put collectively a little care bundle with their favourite snacks or some loungewear
– Grocery supply! DUDE, I want this was a factor when our infants had been born. Offer to order a few of their staples and have them delivered to their doorstep.
What are a few of your favourite meals to take to others? Anything you acquired or seen if you had been postpartum that made a enormous distinction?