For the primary time in my life I even have roses! We simply put them on this 12 months so that they aren’t producing a ton, however in a number of years I’ll have all of the rose petals and rosehips I may ever want. This 12 months I had simply sufficient rose petals to make a small batch of rose petal elixir and right this moment I’ll share the recipe with you.
Originally I had wished to plant wild roses, however I discovered it very troublesome to seek out anybody who offered them round right here. I acquired some seeds and tried to start them, however I had zero luck. Feeling discouraged I took to the interwebs to discover a rose species that was as near a wild rose as I may discover. My standards had been:
- an edible rosehip
- edible rose petals
- straightforward to develop (i.e. laborious for me to kill)
Low and behold, I found the Rugosa rose selection! Now these will not be like the everyday roses you see on many individuals’s properties (try the photographs beneath), however I like them simply the identical. The scent is superb, they’re pretty straightforward to develop (I had no real interest in obsessively pruning, caring for and babying my roses) they usually met all my standards.
When you harvest your rose petals please guarantee they’ve not been sprayed and that your selection is edible. My understanding is that each one are, however some produce a a lot superior style/flavour, however please do your personal analysis.
Why Make Rose Petal Elixir
Roses are glorious for irritation of every kind, so this elixir may very well be used for something from a sore throat to extra power inflammatory situations. Just because it’s cousin, Hawthorn, is a superb cardiac, so are rose petals and rosehips. Excellent for serving to to tone the blood vessels and assist the center typically. Much of my analysis confirmed Rose to be a particular for coronary heart palpitations. And energetically talking. roses assist to open our coronary heart chakra permitting love and therapeutic power to circulate in. Nutritionally talking roses are loaded with vitamin C, but additionally nutritional vitamins A and E, B-complex, calcium, magnesium and potassium.
Rose petal elixir will also be taken in very small quantities, 4 drops below the tongue, just like Rescue Remedy or my very own model Traum-Aid+. Taking it on this manner can assist to alleviate stress, anxiousness and panic kind emotions. Roses even have a cooling impact on the body which is why they’re typically utilized in facial toners, pores and skin lotions and different such natural goodies. Small quantities of this elixir may very well be used on bug bites and rashes as nicely.
Finally, roses have neuralgic properties making it an exquisite natural ally for situations like sciatica, pinched nerves or any nerve accidents and ache. Consider pairing it with St. John’s Wort as they’ve related properties on this division.
How to Make a Rose Petal Elixir
- mason jar
- measurement of your selection (select based mostly on what number of rose petals you could have entry to)
- contemporary wild or domesticated rose petals
- please guarantee they aren’t sprayed!
- uncooked native honey
- alcohol of selection (brandy is usually used, however I used vodka as that’s what I had readily available)
- Fill your jar with rose petals
- Don’t pack them down an excessive amount of, however you do need it good and full
- If you don’t have sufficient rose petals take into account including ginger, bee balm or some orange zest
- Fill your jar with about 1/3 of the way in which together with your honey
- Top together with your alcohol of selection
- If you might be utilizing a jar with a metallic lid, use a chunk of parchment paper between the lid and the elixir. This will stop the lid from corroding and contaminating your elixir.
Allow your jar to sit down in a cool and darkish place for 4-6 weeks. Whenever you consider it, give it a little bit of a shake and a few love. When you might be prepared to make use of your elixir, merely pressure out your petals. If you could have an amber dropper bottle, you may fill that for simpler use.
Alternatively, if you need to keep away from using alcohol, you may merely make a rose petal honey can be divine.
P.S. Please pin for future reference and to share within the blissful rose love 😉